Saturday, October 25, 2008

A relative of mine in China just sent me some photos of his sister's wedding. However when I viewed the photos, I could not recognise any faces. Sigh, it's been so long since I went back to China to visit my relatives. Last time I went back was P2. They were quite shocked that time seeing that I have grown up. What if I go back now? Will they faint on the spot? I've become so tall and big now.

China, the place I was born. Singapore, the place I grew up. These two countries are far apart yet I have the affinity to come from China to Singapore. In Singapore, I got to know a lot of good friends. I'm a Singaporean. I'm attached to Singapore. However, I still have relatives in China.. But I do not have any impression of living in China at all, since I came here in 1993. Hometown and homeland.. Spelled with both "home" but it means different things..

Sometimes I wonder how are the things going in my hometown back in China, Shantou. When I last when there, it was a very rural place. However, one of my relatives' family is moving into a 3-storey landed property which was still under construction. From 1999 till 2008.. How are things there? It'll be completely different when I go back again. I've grown much taller, I've grown much bigger, my voice became deeper and my character is more mature. Will they even recognise me when I stand right in front of them? Maybe not, like what I felt too.

No comments: