Monday, December 8, 2008



Went for the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon as a helper with KC, CK, PX and Erwin. 2 of CK's friends tagged along - Priscilla and Chee Kit, which also has the initials CK.. Had some confusions when I said the name CK, lol. ZR went too, but he was with his other friends and a different section from us.

Reached the place at 11pm+ when they said the reporting time is 2am. We were not able to register, that's why we went to some place to slack - I forgot where we went, actually. However, there's a 7-Eleven nearby and therefore we went there to buy some stuffs. I bought a can of Redbull Energy Drink to last me the day, but it didn't help much. Finally, went at 2am to register. It's a long queue for those who manually register! Got our shirts but we did not know where to go, therefore we went to change into the official T-Shirt and managed to be posted into sector D3. I found out peeps from group 3 are very destined to be with the number 3. Group 3, BBQ pit 3, Sector D3, lol!

Everything got settled and we boarded the shuttle bus to ECP, our duty area. At last, reached carpark B3 and got our duty spots. All of us couldn't see each other, only PX and myself were able to see each other - We were only like 50m away? LOL! Therefore, met at the midpoint and sat down to have a talk all the way from 4am+ till 7am. Actually I don't know how we managed to chat so long, haha! Saw the first runner running past at 7am. They are fast man! At least first 10 runners are blacks.. They are real good at running..

One runner I'd like to specially mention - He's only got an arm but he's one of the very first to run past me. I remember his tag number - it's 24310. Good job Mr. 24310! You'll be an example for the handicapped. :)

Our legs were tired about an hour into the duty and we finally got to take a rest at 8.45am when we sms-ed the leader if we can take a break. The break actually meant a forever break, LOL! Rested till 9am, but we were slacky and didn't want to go back to work and decided to rest and rest till forever.. Now for a funny story.. PX actually slept while holding the flag! She even told me a runner laughed at her, lol. An hour into our break, I decided to go and look for Priscilla. She's still standing there like a statue holing the flag, lol. Made telephone contact with KC in the midst of our duty.. In total, I made 12 calls to him, pro eh? =.= The most calls I ever made to a person in like.. 5 hours? Lucky you. =X

Our duty ended at about 12pm, got our pay and went to Novena Square. Walked around for a bit and finally reached home at 4pm. Surprisingly, I had a very quick shower and went to sleep. About 7pm, Nian asked if I want to go for dinner. I didn't want and told him to da bao for me. Slept all the way till 5am and found his sms - Saying my duck rice is still with him? However, found out that it's on my table. Finally, woke up at 9.20am and checked my duck rice. It has a foul smell... It's spoilt!! >.< Ah.. It's a waste of food - I feel sinful man. :l




Lin and nat came over to study again, however I did not even study, LOL! Fun... :)




We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in a vessel, drop by drop, which makes it run over; as in a series of kindnesses there is at last one which makes the heart run over. -James Boswell

Make peace even with a friend who's hurt you

No comments: