Saturday, December 20, 2008


This is a typical air traffic map that Air Traffic Controllers face everyday. It seems complicated but you can understand it after knowing some flight mechanics and reading more articles or watching documentaries on ATC.

Spamming series of Air Crash Investigations from Discovery Channel. It's a heart-threatening show to watch actually as it covers air crashes from minor to major ones, from the smallest aircraft to the largest Boeing 747 (A380 hasn't crashed, and I hope it doesn't).

Right now I've just finished on an episode named as Near Miss, which depicts the daily lives of Air Traffic Controllers in the New York City. The conjested New York airspace consists of 3 airports: Newark, JFK and LaGuardia. I've learnt how the airspaces above the 3 airports are being divided out. An astonishing fact: the 3 major airports are only 15 miles from each other! My mouth was left open for a while upon hearing that. ATCs in NYC would be one of the most stressful job ever to ensure that the thousands of planes approaching any of the airports would not crash into each other. I shall hence give a salute to New York City Air Traffic Controllers for the great job!

It seems like the aviation industry is something I'd really want to go for. It's an industry that never dies. The number of airplanes in the sky is expected to double in the next 15 years. By then, I'd already be a working adult at 32 years old. Who knows, I might be the Air Traffic Controller or the pilot of your flight on your first business trip? :p




I've officially certified myself a Diploma in Sleeping. The shocking fact to me was that I woke up only at 2.30pm today. It's the first time ever I'm sleeping so late! I slept at 3am+ yesterday, not considered very late, but I surely woke up very late. I'm thinking, probably the cause is the night before where I slept at 6am and woke up at 10.30am? Lol! Made me have to cancel my gym session. It's already the 2nd time! Maybe I contracted this nocturnal fever from my jie? *looks at her*

Right now I hope the terrible dream last night of me scoring only 60+ marks for my Applied Statistics Common Test wouldn't come true. It's going to be a nightmare of my life if it comes true.

No comments: