Friday, January 16, 2009

cleared to land

I've reached another new level of flight simulation! I've finally found out how planes are practically able to fly and land by themselves. It's easy!

When approaching the runway and about 15 miles from the airport, hit the nav switch, but make sure you switch the nav/gps switch to nav and tune the nav1 radio to the ILS frequency of the runway. When established on the localizer, hit the approach switch and the plane will place itself on the correct glide slope. When the plane is 100 feet above the runway, disengage the autopilot and let the plane to continue descending until about 30-40 ft above the runway, reduce throttles to idle and get ready to get into the FLARE position. It's VERY important that the main wheels touch down first!

Haha, I guess most of you would have question marks on your head while reading the paragraph above. I dedicated the whole of my day to flight simulator today to actually master the techniques of virtual flying. I've finally did it! :) AND Airlines rock on!




Only when you are in trouble, you feel the real importance of friendship around.

I finally finished watching The Little Nyonya! Got particularly sensitive to a word: adoption. =/ Well, but overall it's a nice show! The ending got me emo for a minute.. Lol.

No comments: