Saturday, February 14, 2009

lonely valentines

Who knows - I might be the last one to get a gf. Seeing more and more friends getting their loved ones makes me envy.. >.< Well, that actually seems like that case, isn't it? Well, hope next year's Valentines I won't be alone like this year. Probably the girl in my dreams would come true soon... :D

However, things shouldn't be taken too fast now. No target = how to even start? Lol. Had the feeling once, for 9 months, but it just ended. Short, but sweet? I still keep the gift she gave me on my birthday; That was my.. 15th birthday? Haha. Mickey + Minnie = you and me, she told me. Ahh, why am I getting so nostalgic... :S It's time to let go and move on, let's not live in the shadows of the past.

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever live till the day my true love comes into my life.. Who knows? I might not be even fated to have one. If that's fate, I'll accept it. 人算不如天算. Hopefully the special girl in my life will be known soon... :)




Anyway, I've completed Year 1 in Poly! I shall do a short summary on ALL the modules I did for year 1, that's including last semester, of course!

Semester 1



Business Computing Applications - A module which I think is a potential high scorer. It did not disappoint me, I scored a B+! Through this module I learnt the wonders of Microsoft Excel which was a total stranger to me. The constant naggings from the teacher also helped!

Economics - Ugh, a module I don't really like, but fortunately it's a Continual Assessment module! Managed to pass it with an average pass.

Introduction to Logistics - MEMORY, MEMORY. All memory work except for some parts which calculation comes into place. The lecturer was kind and has a deep passion for teaching. Love his lectures, but don't really love this module which I almost failed!

Mathematics - It's yet another totally-like-secondary-Maths thing. However, learnt some A.Maths stuff in this module which I was always wanting to learn.

Web Publishing - Can be said as my forte due to my background in HTML. Learning this module was a breeze, not much problems except for some errors in codes like forgetting to close them. I'm forgetful!

Creativity and Applied Thinking Skills - Creative? Don't think I am.

Sports and Wellness - Aerobics! Remains as one of my favourite modules up till now. No homework, no assignments, no tests, just plain fun!

Semester 2



Applied Statistics - My potential "A+" module. Easy peasy if you manage to get everything right, which is simply doing substitution of values in the formulas!

Quantitative Logistics Analysis - Can be easy, can be confusing. Interesting stuffs taught. Easy to do.

Enterprise Information Systems - The WORST module you can get in the first year of poly. No more elaboration.

Business Finance - Not really my cup of tea? I don't get what the lecturer is talking most of the times.. Heh..

Introduction to Freight Forwarding - Another module which isn't my cup of tea. Although the content is interesting, learning them for an exam is torturing since it's 100% memory work!

Communication Toolkit - A very fun module which trains public speaking and writing skills. Potential to get A or B+.

Individual and the Community - A very short but fun module, except for some elements. Lasted only 6 weeks, which was just nice. Will be glad to know that I've got an A for this!

That's all for this year! Hopefully there will be better modules next semester! No more "doh doh" lecturers, please!!!

No comments: