Saturday, February 7, 2009

saturday - not my best

Last Saturday - Almost got pulled by CHICKENS
This Saturday - A BIRD shit on my sleeves

Argh, how unlucky am I? Anyway, went to the zoo with KC, CK and ZR today for the Safari Zoo Run helpout. Been 8 years since I went, I couldn't recognise the zoo anymore! Got our shirts, went to KFC for lunch and got dispatched to the carpark for our duties - traffic police! I was deployed to row H at first, which was the second or third row from the entrance but as the rows get filled up I moved further up and dominated KC's slot at row J, lol! So yeh, he went to row L and helped me to signal the cars to their parking lots while I'm controlling the car flow at the entrance. It's fun to be controlling 20 cars at a go, if you know how to, that is.

Some stubborn drivers refuse to listen and turned the wrong way. They couldn't find a slot, serve you right! :p Who tell you never listen to the ushers huh? The peak hour was from about 3pm to 3.40pm as it's the time the runners are reporting to the event. I was really busy, with not even a second to rest! Hands were aching too, hehe. However, it's fun! I guess I have the talent to be a traffic police should I become jobless in the future.

KC and myself slacked down at about 5pm and were chatting all the way while sitting down. Well, there are no cars for us to signal anymore, so why for should we stand? A small drizzle began and we decided to look for CK and ZR. As the rain was falling, we were sitting there and chatting happily still, with a minority of big raindrops falling. Amongst these big raindrops, I didn't notice that one of those "raindrops" were actually a birds' dropping! Argh, I just noticed it when I reached home. No one told me about it also.

The dinner the provided was okay - if you're not too picky, that is. That saved us from deciding where to eat, haha! Finally, reached home after a journey to the zoo, without even entering the zoo and not seeing animals, which was a pity!

No comments: