Friday, July 10, 2009

MC18 - Temperature Calibration

I apparently overslept for class today and was late. Whole morning was troubling myself with the MnC retest I was going to have in the afternoon. Finally, finished the test. I guess I can pass this time? Thanks to planes, Rihanna and Chris Brown.. And the "prayers" that Kai Chung said right before the test.

MnC lab today was fun! It's more like a Home Economics lesson rather than a lab. LOL. Our topic today was Temperature Calibration. Only 4 of us attended the lab today which makes it a better one for us as the 4 of us clique well. We had to do 3 experiments today. The first was making shaved ice and putting it into a vacuum flask to measure the temperature. The blender for making is totally making ice kacang for us! Makes me hungry.. =( Next experiment was the best. Had to make dry ice using compressed carbon dioxide and put it into a flask like thing for the ice to form at the sides. Last experiment was to calibrate the water bath by adjusting various temperatures.

While others took only an hour for their lab, ours took 2 hours. However, it was definitely fun! Here are the photos for the day!


永远的冷先生 - John Lam


Here's how we make dry ice using compressed CO2!



The tube which we have to add in dry ice at the middle and add alcohol for ice to form



Dry ice!


Ice kacang, anyone?


Our efforts!


Calibrating the thermometer..


P01A Group C ftw!



Close-up of instruments..

Just 1 more hour to go! :D

1 comment:

calibration singapore said...

Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow...


Calibration Singapore