Thursday, March 5, 2009

Guangzhou Trip - Day 3












Just back from a shopping trip! Have a look at the photos. Went to 烈士陵园 on a public bus, 183. The public buses here are scary! Rough driving, the whole trip I was trying to balance myself. Look at the Chinese name of Subway, their MRT station and the mall I visited, 地王广场. The mall does not have any floors above the ground. It has 1st storey, B1, B2 and B3. However, I made an interesting discovery; It's not B1, B2 and B3 here. Instead, it's -1F, -2F and -3F. Yea, the floors go negative! Interesting right?















This is how it is like in their public buses. The one standing is my nephew. =p Their seats are hard! The red bus is a bus which runs by electricity while the green one is just a normal bus. You can see a woman boarding the bus, a typical scene I guess?








These shots were taken at 北京路, the roads from the Song Dynasty. Yes, the original one!





This is 牛杂, a very famous Guangzhou dish. Contains the cow belly, liver, lung and white radish braised in a very tasty soup. A must try when you come to Guangzhou!





















A very random me, taxi backseats! The taxis here start from 7 yuan and jumps 2.60 yuan for every kilometer travelled. Guess I got it correct, still a little confused! There's a 1 yuan fuel surcharge here, however there's no other surcharges like peak hour and midnight surcharge like in Singapore.















涮羊肉火锅 @ 小肥羊. It's quite tasty! The bread you see in the first picture is actually their signature dish, named 黄金大包. Almost all the names here are in Chinese, hard to find an English name. Even if it's an English name, it's just a Hanyu Pinyin name of their Chinese counterpart, no specific meaning.
Do you see the red red meat? That's actually donkey meat! They eat all kinds of food here.. My first time eating donkey!




Family photo! Look at the new cardigans I just bought, haha. I think it looks great on me. :D

Top row: Me and my nephew
Bottom row: My 朝阳 nephew's prospective wife, my 表姐, my niece and her husband




I'll be proceeding to 朝阳 tomorrow. I hope there's internet there too, promised that they will have, haha. Therefore, I shall continue my blogging for Day 4 - Day 7 in 朝阳!

No comments: