Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hong Kong Trip: Summary

Finally, I'm back from being a "flying Singapore man". The trip was fun, time flies when you're overseas with friends. Since I do not blog everyday when I'm there, I shall try my best to recall everything.

Day 1





9V-JSD, our Jetstar Asia A320 parked nicely at gate C23 waiting for departure to Hong Kong Chap Lap Kok International Airport.


Now now, what's burning near the airport?


We took off from Runway 20C - bound for Hong Kong!


Baked Macaroni with Cheese, I bought this onboard for $8


Snack Pack, you can purchase this for $6



搞怪二人组 - Singapore to Hong Kong version


It's a nighttime landing, we're now descending towards Hong Kong


Finally, we touched down after several bumps. It was a rough landing, certainly! The visibility made me estimate that we used a CAT II ILS approach. It was really foggy and the plane was shaky as we descend further down the glide slope.


This bus, A31, goes along the airport to city road, hence the name Airbus, which made me think of something else. =p


Looking funny after a long flight?


These 2 weirdos are surely....


First group photo!


Day 1 ended with a breeze. We also got our Ez-Link cards there. It has an interesting name, called the Octopus Pass. Our hotel rooms were 712 and 713. After much deliberation and discussion, HK and me shared room 712 while lin, nat and px shared room 713. Both were corner rooms, famous for "dirty stuffs", fortunately nothing happened to us during the period of time. Guess my amulet helped me a lot. =p




Day 2



We took the MRT to Admiralty MTR Station (yes, it's MTR and it has the same name as the Admiralty MRT Station in Singapore). It has lots of buses and trains connecting to different parts of Hong Kong.



A typical day-to-day life of Hong Kong Citizens boarding the MTR


Bus 629 operates a non-stop service from Admiralty to Ocean Park!


After a 25 minute bus ride, we finally reached Ocean Park. I was amazed by a nice scenery surrounding the park. Last time I went was 10 years ago, no impression at all, other than the presence of a Cable Car?



Entrance to Ocean Park. We meet again!


Now, this is a loooooooooooong escalator... They call it the 爬山电梯



The legendary Mine Ride which is bound to let you scream your lungs out!


We walked around planning what to play. After some discussion, we decided to go onto the Observation Tower.





Something caught our eye: The Pirate Ship. I always have the negative G force feeling + acrophobia when riding on it, but nonetheless, it's always fun riding on it! We went on the ship twice: Once in the middle seat and once at the second last row. However, the feeling was not scared, it was excitement!

After that we decided to go onto the Flying Dragon coaster. It has 3 inversions in total. Since I'm always afraid of inversions, I opted not to go on. However, they kept encouraging me to go. Finally, I went on. It wasn't as scary as I thought, and it's fun! The girls have their childhood back again, we played those games stalls which lets you win soft toys. Each game costs HKD 50, which is about S$10. What do guys do then? We paid for them. =.= But however, we also played in the games and won some soft toys.

Another thing caught their eye: The soft toy shop. The waiting was.. Argh, but I managed to buy some souvenirs for friends.



We decided to protect our environment!


We had the chance to view the different species of jellyfishes. It's really amazing to see them! Some of them glow very nicely in the dark, some are enormous, some are real tiny.









We also had to chance to witness... Madagascar 2 Live!







This is the plane that "crash landed" in the movie!



Animal greetings!


Female hippo vs male human


What are these 2 shorties trying to do in Africa?


We hijacked the jeep!


We saw some clowns and decided to take a picture with them!



Cute pandas!





Day 3



The day started off with a breakfast at a restaurant atop of a hill. I don't really know where is the place, but the food is definitely delicious! HK's Auntie, Grace was our "tour guide".








Next stop, we proceeded to Stanley, a place where the scenery is really great! I shall just let the photos do the talking.



The residents of this area has been rumoured to have cancer!


Hi, bye! *his usual stupid face*


Smile! You're on Daniel Camera!


We went to the Peak Tram next. It has a very steep angle of climb, as much as 45 deg. I can't use words to describe how's the feeling like, look out for the videos I'm gonna post!










The group of us discovered another thing: Hand Wax! All the 5 of us decided to make our very own wax. We told lin and nat to do a couple one instead.. =p






The night scenery is really beautiful at the top of the peak. However, the wind was strong too! My hands turned cold minutes after stepping into the observatory tower.






Took the electric tram to have our dinner cum supper at a Claypot Rice shop. I still find the Claypot Rice at Chinatown tastes better than the one I had!












Day 4



Walked around 女人街 with the girls today. Also managed to get some of my airplane models! The street is really long with lots of stalls, sort of like a Thailand market? Went to a pub to have our drinks after that, first time going to a pub!

A showcase of our cocktails!



Tranquila Sunrise - Order by me. It has a unique taste that not everybody can take it. I guess only lin and myself was able to take the taste, not the 2 girls. =p


Cosmopolitian - Order by lin, but got exchanged with nat.


Blue Sky - Order by lin. Same case as above. This taste is unique too. =p


Dancing Lady - Ordered by PX. We were asking her if she would really dance like a dancing lady after drinking that! *plays 舞娘*





Day 5



We were rotting like no tomorrow for the top part of the day - Decided to go to the arcade near our hotel. It's cheap playing the arcade here, only HKD 1 for a token, that's like S$0.20! PX and myself stoned for a while at the machine where we played our spot the different game. Joined the other 3 of them at the monopoly machine next.









PX and myself paired up to play the monopoly game. Our teamwork was great! Hit the super jackpot once and another one was we managed to win 1269 medals. Ah, I don't really know how to explain the game, just know that we won. =p

Went to 青衣 for dinner. It was our treat today to thank HK's relatives for their care all these days.



Last group photo, hope we meet again someday!





Day 6



We woke up at 7am today to prepare for our trip back to Singapore. Rushed for a bit to board the plane as we almost missed the boarding time, but we discovered that we rushed for nothing, there was a long queue for the boarding. We had to take a train to our boarding gate and transfer to a bus to board the plane. It's troublesome isn't it? However, it's a whole new experience. =p

On the bus, I managed to capture some rare shots of planes. The plane are just normal, but why rare? The angle! Have a look at the photos - I've never gotten so close to planes I'm not boarding before!




Shots of a Dragonair A320



Wide-angle wing shot of a Cathay Pacific Boeing 777 + tail shot




We finally see our plane!


Boarded the plane and the plane was prepared for takeoff. There was a slight delay, but the flight was uneventful.




Read the safety information card!


This is how a Jetstar Asia A320 cabin looks like


搞怪二人组 - Hong Kong to Singapore version


Meal onboard 3K 692 HKG-SIN. Baked Rice with Curry Chicken: $8


PX was hungry so we bought a sandwich to share. Turkey Ham Sandwich: $8



The cute keychain I bought!


Beautiful clouds while descending...


We're now on finals!


The landing in Changi wasn't really smooth. Here's a video!



Upon arrival in Changi, I fished out my camera to capture more shots of planes.







This is how the seat looks like in the plane! It's comfortable, but legroom is small


Overall, the overseas trips I went was great and memorable. Hope I can go overseas again soon, to further places!

No comments: