Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Guangzhou Trip - Day 2

This morning, went to have 早茶 at a nearby restaurant. Dim Sum and stuff. It's just fabulous! What did we have for breakfast? Lots of stuffs...






After breakfast, went to have a walk at a shopping mall and had a little rest at a roadside stall to have coconut. They cut a small hole for you to put your straw in and after eating, they chop your coconut into half so you can eat the flesh inside.



This is how their roadside stalls look like!



And randomly, I managed to see this "Starheart Coffee". Compare it to Starbucks!



After that, walked around and had something at KFC since they were distributing the discount coupons. Their KFC is a little different here. Have a look!



Went to 番禺 after that with the intention of having our seafood dinner there. However, we reached at 4pm, which is far TOO early for dinner. We decided to walk around. Saw a row of very interesting statues and decided to cross the road to have a closer look. Crossing the roads here is dangerous! However, they just cross it as if they're strolling on the streets.. Ahh! If me I'd have ran like no tomorrow. Anyway, let's look at what statues we have..

财神爷 + 马 = 马到功成?

Back to the hotel for our dinner. It's STILL too early and we decided to sit at the lobby. Was teaching my nephew Yan Qiong English. Teaching English is fun, haha! Anyway, don't think my niece and nephew are young! My niece is 26, pregnant now and I'm gonna be a grand-uncle soon. My nephew is 22. I'm the youngest! (yet the oldest in terms of 辈分)

中华鲟鱼 - 豆豉蒸 (Fish in bean sauce)

赖尿虾 - 椒盐炒 (Deep Fried Prawn with Pepper and Salt)
This prawn is known to urinate when cooked in water while it's alive, hence it's name. However, I'm eating the deep fried one therefore I was very lucky not to "kena" it's urine. However when you cook it in soup, the soup you are drinking contains it's urine!
- From my nephew, Chen Yan Qiong

鲍汁扣鲍鱼 (Abalone in Abalone Sauce)

元贝蒸粉丝 (Clam steamed with garlic and "dong fen")

上汤局龙虾 (Lobster braised in soup)

紫苏叶炒山螺 ("Zut zut" with Perilla frutescens --> In Scientific name as I'm unable to find the generic name for it. If you wanna know more, Wiki it)

Photos taken outside the restaurant with my niece and nephew.

There's another thing which made me amazed - A wide array of sports cars, from Porshe, Lamboghini to Ferarri!



Next, went to 长隆国际大马城 to watch the Circus performance. Lots of stunts, graphics, special effects and more. Will talk more about it next time. Here are the pictures!





No comments: