Tuesday, April 14, 2009

终于成功了!!!

Scheduled to visit Queensway today, but I was too sick to go out, therefore I stayed at home for "Plane Recuperating". Although I didn't go out, thanks for the concern. :) Anyway, I finally did what I've always wanted to do; Fly a direct flight from Singapore to Princess Juliana International Airport, St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles. What's a direct flight? Aviation enthusiasts should know that a Boeing 747-400 is unable to cover the range of Singapore - St. Maarten non-stop. Let me define carefully what's a direct flight, and what's a non-stop flight.

Direct Flight

A flight which requires no change of flight numbers or aircraft, but may include a stopover. An example would be Singapore-San Francisco, SQ002 via Hong Kong. It's a direct flight as it requires no change of airplanes and it has the same flight number throughout the whole journey.

Non-Stop Flight

A flight which flies non-stop to the destination. Usually, non-stop flight is used to describe long haul / ultra long haul flights which requires no stopover, such as SQ022, Singapore-Newark with no stopovers, operated by an Airbus A340-500. Non-stop flights are made possible with the introduction of ultra long-range airliners such as the Airbus A340-500 and Boeing 777-200LR.

Now, satisfied with my direct flight from Southeast Asia to the Carribean, I have to think of ways to get it back. It'd be a challenging task taxiing in TNCM (Princess Juliana International Airport) with a Boeing 747-400. Now, here are some more photos, this time cockpit shots of my planes!



Cockpit of a Boeing 747-400, enroute from Singapore-Taipei as AH888.


Cockpit of a Bombardier CRJ-700, enroute from Singapore-Kuala Lumpur as AH118.




My dreams are becoming funny again. First, I dreamt of going Bangkok on SIA last night, this time, I dreamt of pulling someone to go to the airport with me. It seems like my friends are one by one coming into my dreams.. Lol.

Another thing, my phlegm containted blood this morning. Nothing serious; just inflammation.

No comments: