Sunday, August 23, 2009

Emptiness



I really have nothing to write about these few days. Whole day was basically spent at home slacking, still trying to find a mood to study for OPC and WSS. Counting down 9 days to Wuhan but I have no feeling at all now. Well, what's happening to me?

Currently watching Seconds from Disaster: Kaprun Train Fire. This train has been operating in Austria for 100 years with a perfect safety record before getting engulfed in flames because of a minor failure which lead to a catastrophic disaster that left the train closed for good. This tells us that safety is the utmost importance in whatever we do, even if it lasts only for a while. The train ride only lasts for 9 minutes and no one has expected it will take away 155 lives in that duration.

Just before this I watched Seconds from Disaster: El Al Flight 1862. Another catastrophic mechanical error in a Boeing 747-200 that led to the deaths of 43 people (4 in the plane, 39 on ground). Those who died were really innocent. The 39 people on ground killed was actually in the comfort of their own home when the plane crashed at a 90 degree bank angle into the apartment. We should not be thinking that we are definitely safe in our own homes as disaster may strike at any time.

Life is short, we should make use of all the time we have to do what we want and not die in regret. Go for your dreams, work hard and get the feeling of satisfaction.




Now an excerpt from my September 8, 2008 post about going to Chiangmai as I surmise it will be my mood on 31st August 2009. (Edited)

Checking on my laptop countdown it'll be 9 days to the departure of China Southern Airlines Flight 352. As the days pass by and the clock ticks, I'm experiencing mixed feelings in my heart. Everything about Singapore will be missed in Wuhan like the food, my home, my bed, my parents, environment and my friends. I expect myself to come back with lots of memories and will be emoing for a period of time with my current and new friends. It will be my first time studying overseas and leaving home for so long.

God bless us to have a good journey.

No comments: