Monday, August 22, 2011

Last Day of Civilian Life

22nd August, 2011. It is 1 day before my enlistment. From tomorrow, 23rd August 2011 onwards, I will cease being a civilian and will be (forcefully) enlisted into the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF). Of course, I have disliked the military since young and would not want to have anything to do with it. Being a Singaporean Son, we have no choice but to serve the country and taking a minimal allowance every month.

I have to report at 9am to Pasir Ris Bus Interchange and that will be the last I will be seeing civilisation for the week. Thankfully, I will be able to book out on 29th August (hopefully) due to Hari Raya Puasa. I will now do a comparison table of my thoughts before and after living in the dreaded island.

Edited as of 30 August 2011

BEFORE: Army officers will all treat you like shit.
AFTER: They respect us and treat us good if we do our stuffs right.

BEFORE: Pulau Tekong is said to be extremely haunted.
AFTER: No abnormal situations.

BEFORE: You get forced to run even though you can't continue on.
AFTER: We were encouraged to run and it was ok even though we could not continue.

BEFORE: The training inside will be extremely tough.
AFTER: It is tough but still acceptable.

BEFORE: You don't get enough rest at all.
AFTER: 7 hours of sleep is still insufficient for me but I have to bear with it.



No comments: