Saturday, March 26, 2011

Great Asia Trip 2011

I'm finally back from Great Asia Trip! It had been a wonderful journey throughout Asia. Still finding it hard to believe that it actually happened! Days just zoomed past so quickly without you even noticing. A quick summary of what I did in various cities. 

Kuala Lumpur
Stayed at Novotel Kuala Lumpur for 4 nights. The hotel itself is ok and the price is good. Breakfast was awesome! It has a great spread of stuffs like bacon, cheese, sausages.. Whatever you can dream of a perfect breakfast. Pavillion shopping just nearby, but nothing much to shop. 5 days is sort of too long in KL for me, but thankfully managed to pull through!

Hong Kong
Reason for visiting Hong Kong was to fly Emirates First Class. If it flew to somewhere else I'm sure our destination would have been switched. A short and pleasant 3 day tour here was great and very fun. =)

Dubai
Dubai is a very expensive city. The hotel alone costs S$250 per night! Don't think of coming here if you don't have a lot of dough to spend... Toured around the East Coast of the Emirates which cost like S$70 for the whole day. However, it definitely takes you to places that you cannot access by yourself unless you've got a car and know how to go around.

Bangkok
The best part of the trip, what else can I say? Apart from some minor screw ups, the Bangkok segment was near perfection. All 3 hotels I stayed in were great and has a reasonable price. Didn't know cheap and good hotels still exist! Room service in Bangkok is cheap too. Shopping in Bangkok should be the most fun and apparently most Thais think that I look like a mix of Chinese and Thai and I can really SPEAK like a Thai O.o. I should take up some Thai language lessons soon, I guess? 

This trip is definitely one of the most memorable trips I ever took!

No comments: