Sunday, November 8, 2009

Almost a month
+ a story about solo travelling

It's been almost a month since I came back from Wuhan. Watching videos on Facebook about our Wuhan lives has brought my mind back to Wuhan again. I have a strong urge to visit there again but it will be a different feeling the next time I visit there as the 21 Guns will not be together there. I will not be returning to Room 319 to sleep at night. I will not be walking around the neighbourhood of 武汉科技大学中南分校. I will not be savouring the night market food with my friends. Everything will be different. However, what will remain the same? It's the memories we shared together as the 21 Guns, the unbreakable bond we created, the... Well, the list goes on and on. Although highly impossible, I am trying to plan a trip to go to Wuhan from Guangzhou from 21st to 24th December. Air tickets are cheap at only $134 per person.

Now this is where my psychoing skills come in. My father is objecting to my idea of doing that but I guess I will still be able to convince him, considering the fact that I convinced him to let me go to Guangzhou alone last time. Who knows I might just tour around the world alone next time? Lol.

Sometimes travelling alone can be fun as you do not have to cater to others. I have not really travelled alone. In terms of travelling alone, I have only taken flights by myself. The best thing about this is that you do not have to bother about other people's choice of airline and you have all the freedom to yourself. However, travelling completely by myself on a tour is something I want to try, but afraid to. The first thing that it might be costly to me. My stubborness to take SIA every time I want to go overseas will chop off half of the budget. Imagine taking SIA to somewhere in Europe, $1500 to $2000 gone. Staying in hotels and such would cost another $1000. Food and expenses, another $1000 gone. If budget travel, probably I can find a cheap flight on other airlines like Thai for $1000 to $1200, budget hotels that cost $30 per night. Well, it all boils down to money. Sometimes I just wish I have unlimited money....

No comments: