Friday, May 24, 2013

A Step Further Into the Motoring Society


As most of you may have already known, I finally got myself a car, a Hyundai Getz 1.1M. This 1086cc car is certainly not a performance car. However, in terms of city driving it certainly does its part. Despite having a small engine, this car does more than what is stated. It is fuel saving, compact and definitely more powerful than what you would expect from a 1.1L car. It all started in January 2013...



The mandatory probation plate (P plate) for new drivers (less than 1 yr driving exp)
I had my Class 3 driving test on 24th January 2013. It was my first test and I was very nervous. Will I pass? What if I make any stupid mistakes? I could not sleep well the day before. As the day came, I went for my last lesson before my test. I still remember what my instructor told me as I said, "I hope this will be my last driving lesson" when I ended my lesson to which he said, "Just follow as what you did during the lessons, do not be nervous and be yourself. This WILL be your last lesson!". This was definitely a great motivation to me. 

As fate would have it, I passed. Finally. I am a certified driver! My immediate action was to post on my Facebook wall to share the joy. Surprisingly, it became my most liked status ever since I started using Facebook on 22nd December 2007. 


As soon as I passed I got hold of the keys of my brother, Swee Heng's Hyundai Getz 1.4A (infamous fuel guzzler btw) of which my first drive was from Bukit Batok Driving Centre to Boon Lay Shopping Centre.


I soon enrolled for Class 4, the day after passing my driving test.


Thankfully, I passed my Class 4 on 13 March 2013 with just 12 demerit points. It was definitely a blessing for me. Sometimes, I would say probably I was more born to be on the roads rather than facing books.


With an additional sticker pasted onto my driving license, now you'd wonder if I am taking Class 5? Yes, I have the intention. However, I would probably wait till I start work to do so.

No comments: