Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Ship That Doesn't Sink

I'm sure this is pretty much not the first time I'm saying that the only unsinkable ship is friendship. Indeed, friendships are the strongest ships ever built. It can withstand the strongest typhoons, tsunamis and storms and still remain unsinkable. I certainly had friendships like that before and recently I found a new friendship which I believe can withstand the test of time and the unpredictable storms and hurricanes that are to hit us at anytime.

We have not known each other for long but somehow there was this strong bond that brought us together and we are now one of the closest friends to each other. Sometimes I'd boil it down to fate. Heaven has got everything arranged for each and every one of us. Who we'll meet, who we'll hate, who we'll love, who we'll be together with and such. As a Hokkien song goes, Heaven's will is 30% while your own hard work is 70%. Therefore, do not depend too much on heaven's will too.

This currently friendship of mine, despite not knowing each other for long, has already gone through some hurricanes and probably an upcoming tsunami which I hope the ship is strong enough not to sink into the deep blue Pacific Ocean. Even if it does, I will do whatever I can to salvage the scraps and rebuild the ship into the strongest form possible again. 

No comments: