Monday, February 20, 2012

Friendship

Friends. A significant person in another person's life. Friends are those who will step in when the whole world step out. They are the ones whom you turn to when you have problems. They are also the ones who will share your joy and tears. Some friends make you feel valued. Some make you feel like you are trash (are they even friends?).

Being an only child, having no siblings means the only people I can interact with at my age are my friends. Of course, I cherish my friends like how you'd cherish a pot of hard found treasure. Sure enough, some of them are really worth cherishing. People who have talked to me a lot will notice I define the word "friends" very explicitly. If I am not close enough to you, I'd say you are a "classmate", "platoon mate" or whatever place/event I met you in.

Throughout my 21 years of life, I have met lots of friends. Some I have kept in contact since we met, while for others, it seems like we are fated to lose contact. I have lost contact with too many friends. It's time to cherish the friends I have now, and newly made. Of course, one day I'd like to point to an old friend of mine and tell my child, "See, daddy knew him 30 years ago and we're still in contact."

No comments: